Great news – we can return to face to face classes (with masks) at our venues from Monday!
Most tutors are happy to forgo the semester break and so some classes will be held throughout July and then continue to the end of November.
BUT – there are a few requirements that MUST be observed.
Tutors are being asked to sign a Declaration form to ensure all Government regulations are understood and being followed
If every class member could also follow these rules then everyone will remain as safe as possible and this will ensure classes can continue.
The main thing is that ALL members on arrival at the Venue must sign in using the Services-Vic app. The tutor or their delegate must ensure that the sign in procedure is adhered to.
If you don’t have this app on your phone please download it now. Here is a direct link:
If you are unable to use the app manual sign in sheets should be available. Staff at most venues will also be on hand to assist should you require it – but please come 15-20 mins before the class if unsure.
The following is a copy of our CaseyU3A Covid Management Plan – again please read it and follow all requirements.
CaseyU3A COVID Management Plan – June 2021
1. The class tutor will be responsible to ensure the following government regulations are adhered to. A tutor may designate a specific class member to oversee, if preferred.
2. All class members must sign in – Name, phone number, email address.
Use the ‘Services – Victoria’ App (only need to download it to your phone or tablet once)
Go to: https://service.vic.govau/check-in/ (click on the App store for an Apple product or Google Play for all other devices to download)
This page also shows the steps to follow once downloaded.
3. Hand sanitiser should be applied on entry
4. All members must enter the venue wearing a mask. These can be removed if you are participating in an indoor exercise/dance type class – but only while moving.
5. Maintain social distancing indoors: 1 person per 4 square metres. No hand shaking, hugs etc
6. Maximum capacity numbers per hall / room must be adhered to. At our venues all the areas we use meet the current guidelines.
7. All hard contact surfaces should be wiped over with antiseptic cloths after a class – chairs, tables, door handles, etc. This should be completed within the current agreed hiring time.
8. Apart from toilets, members should only access their own hired space.
9. If feeling unwell – please stay home
Casey U3A. Classes Running during July 2021.
4 Medium Art
Painting – Oils.
The Literature Class. From 13th July.
Book Club 1.
Book Club 4.
Genealogy / Computer Forums . Classes may restart mid July.
Both Taiqi classes – being led by Helen McGrath during July.
Old Cheese Factory.
Lynbrook Community Centre.
Outdoor Tai Chi / Men’s Outdoor Tai Chi
Philosophical Discussion, From 2nd week in July
Coffee & Discussion 1 & 2
Making Handcrafted Cards
Keyboard Music (Advanced only)
By ZOOM. Current Affairs. Arthritis Exercises. Qigong (Moving & Still Meditation)